The Institute for Theology, Imagination and the Arts, along with the School of Divinity and the University of St Andrews more generally, pride ourselves on the excellent career outcomes of our graduates. Below is a list of known alumni of ITIA’s doctoral programme, with career destinations.
In addition to subject-specific career preparation within ITIA and Divinity, the university has a dedicated Careers Centre with expert staff and resources to support graduates in their preparation for and transition to the academic and non-academic job market.
Full destination data is available from the university. Here, we offer a list of ITIA alumni who have informed us of their present occupations:
- Timothy Bartel, PhD – Assistant Professor of Literature, Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX, USA
- Paul Blair, PhD – Scholar in Residence, Wilmore Anglican Church, Wilmore, Kentucky, USA
- Christopher R. Brewer, PhD – Principal Advisor to the Templeton Religion Trust, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Travis Buchanan, PhD – Assistant Professor for Theological Studies, Colorado Christian University, Lakewood, CO, USA
- Jennifer A. Craft, PhD – Assistant Professor of Humanities and Theology, Point University, West Point, GA, USA
- Rebekah Dyer, PhD – Academic Editor, St Andrews Encyclopaedia of Theology, Scotland, UK
- Matt Farlow, PhD – Associate Pastor of Grace Church and Adjunct Lecturer at Urbana Seminary, Champaign, IL, USA.
- Daniel Gabelman, PhD – Teaching Staff, Religious Studies, Eastbourne College, East Sussex, UK
- Josephine Gabelman, PhD – Teaching Staff, Eastbourne College, East Sussex, UK
- Joshua Genig, PhD – Director of Lay Ministry & Assistant Professor of Church History, SS. Cyril and Methodius Seminary, Orchard Lake, MI, USA
- Jason Goroncy, PhD – Dean of Studies, Knox Centre for Ministry and Leadership, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Stephen R. Guthrie, PhD – Associate Professor of Theology, Belmont University, Nashville, TN, USA
- Mark Johnson, PhD – Principal’s Assistant, Waverley Abbey College, East Sussex, UK
- Trygve Johnson – Hinga-Boersma Dean of the Chapel, Hope College, Holland, MI, USA
- Lori Kanitz, PhD – Lecturer and Project Director for the Baylor Collaborative on Hunger and Poverty, Baylor University, TX, USA.
- Ivan Khovacs, PhD – Senior Lecturer in Theology, Canterbury Christ Church University, Canterbury, Kent, UK
- Reno E. Lauro, PhD – Director of Digital Learning, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Cole Matson, PhD – Voice & Music Faculty, CAP21 Musical Theatre Conservatory; First Artist-in-Residence, Sheen Center for Thought & Culture, New York, NY
- David McNutt, PhD – Associate Editor for IVP Academic.
- Joel Mayward, PhD – Assistant Professor of Christian Ministries, Theology and the Arts, George Fox University, Newberg, Oregon, USA
- Dylan Potter, PhD – Lecturer in Theology, TCA College, Singapore
- Meg Ramey, PhD – Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies, Messiah College, Mechanicsburg, PA, USA
- Sara Schumacher, PhD – Director of Education & Lecturer in Theology and the Arts, St Mellitus College, London, UK
- Micah Snell, PhD Candidate – Instructor of English, Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX, USA
- Brett Speakman, PhD
- Chelle Stearns, PhD – Assistant Professor of Theology, The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology, Seattle, WA, USA
- KJ Swanson, PhD – Adjunct Professor of Theology and Culture at The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, Seattle, WA, USA
- Philip Tallon, PhD – Chair of the Department of Apologetics and Assistant Professor of Theology at Houston Baptist University
- Wes Vander Lugt, PhD – Lead Pastor at Warehouse 242, Charlotte, NC, USA; Adjunct Professor at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Michael Ward, PhD – Professor of Apologetics, Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX, USA; Senior Research Fellow, Blackfriars Hall, Oxford
- Jim Watkins, PhD – Teaching Staff, Humanities and Bible, Veritas School, Richmond, VA, USA
- Kathryn Wehr, PhD – Managing Editor, Logos: A Journal for Catholic Thought and Culture, Center for Catholic Studies, University of St Thomas, St Paul, MN, USA
- Taylor Worley, PhD – Visiting Associate Professor of Art History, Wheaton College, Illinois, USA
This list represents alumni whose destination data we have received, and may be incomplete. If you are an alumnus or alumna and would like your details added or updated on this page, please contact us at the address to the right/below.